Lofton on Rodgers, Roethlisberger and more Super Bowl thoughts
Westwood One NFL analyst James Lofton joined Dan to break down last night’s game and give his Super Bowl thoughts.
– Lofton gave Aaron Rodgers a B+ for his performance and he would’ve been helped had some receivers not dropped passes. Ben Roethlisberger’s play was subpar as he made and missed some plays.
-James Harrison and Troy Polamalu were barely mentioned in the game. The Steelers defense had one good stretch during the game.
– The big swing of the game was Pittsburgh’s missed field goal, which reversed field position and gave the Packers a short field for a touchdown.
– The biggest play of the game was Rashard Mendenhall’s fumble, which helped slow down Pittsburgh’s momentum and gave the Packers control of the game again.
– Lofton says this is a new chapter for Green Bay football. It’s a little weird that Aaron Rodgers now has as many Super Bowl titles as Brett Favre, but Favre still has more memorable moments.
– Lofton likes the Packers for next season. They will have injured players returning and Super Bowl experience to grow from.